04 Jul Local Crime Update 30/06/2022
Please find below the crime record for the period from 16th June to 30 June.
Very pleasing to see how low the overall crime rate remains on the Ward, even with the addition of Shortlands Village and a number of surrounding residential roads. Although our overall rate is low at the moment, burglaries seem to be all shed burglaries involving bicycle theft. If you have a bicycle make sure you know your frame number so if your bicycle is stolen there’s more chance of it being identified as yours if found. If you would like any security advice on this or any other matters please contact us, as detailed below, and we’d be happy to visit.
On a lighter note, we’ve continued with regular community engagement. I’ve been continuing to help with the Penge Junior Volunteer Police Cadets and visiting the community coffee shop at St Mary’s Church. The young people show a great interest in learning about policing and take part in the activities with great enthusiasm. And it’s always pleasant to chat with residents over a cup of tea or coffee and give them the chance to talk to us about any issues they may have. If the person who baked Wednesday’s (29/06/22) rock cakes is on this emailing list, then, thank you very much. I had one and it was delicious.
Stay safe and vigilant.
Thanks as always for your help and support.
Adam CHARLES | PCSO 7572PY | Albemarle House SNT Base
Shortlands Dedicated Ward Officer
SHORTLANDS CRIME RECORD 16/06/2022 -30/06/2022
- 15/06/22 Late evening- 16/06/22 late evening. Malmains Way. Bicycle stolen from shed.
- 23/06/22 Late afternoon- early morning. Kingswood Avenue. Bicycle stolen from shed.
- 01/05/22 Early afternoon- 24/06/22 mid evening. Wickham Way. Bicycle stolen from summer house.
- 26/06/22 Late afternoon. Queensmead Recreation Ground. Teenage boy snatched mobile phone from teenage girl’s hand.
Theft from Motor Vehicle:
- 27/06/22. Romanhurst Avenue. Late evening. Catalytic convertor stolen.
Theft of Motor Vehicle:
29/06/22-30/06/22. Overnight. Highland Road. Vehicle stolen from outside block