03 May Local Crime Update30/04/2022
Please find below the crime record for the period from 15th April to 30th April. Very pleasing to see no burglaries and a relatively low amount of motor vehicle crime.
On Saturday 30/04/22, we spent some time in St Mary’s Avenue with the speed gun. Fortunately, no one was caught speeding. Not sure if it was the presence of uniforms, sensible drivers or a combination of both.
Community engagement activities have included visiting the Community Café at St Mary’s then attending outside local primary schools at the end of the school day.
In addition, at the recent Junior Volunteer Cadet meeting, a taser instructor came and gave the children a very interesting talk. The young people found it very interesting and asked some good questions.
Our next residents’ surgery is at Shortlands Library on Friday 13/05/22 from 4pm to 5pm. I also hope to be at the Community Café at St Mary’s Church on Wednesday 11/05/22 from around 11:30 to 12:30.
Thanks as always for your help and support.
Adam CHARLES | PCSO 7572PY | Albemarle House SNT Base
Shortlands Dedicated Ward Officer
SHORTLANDS CRIME RECORD 15/04/2022 -30/04/2022
Theft of Motor Vehicle:
- 15/04/22. Early morning. Rosemere Place (off Kingswood Avenue). Vehicle stolen from driveway. Recovered after being spotted by officers on vehicle patrol.
- 14/04/22-15/04/22. Overnight. Kingswood Road. Vehicle stolen from driveway.
Theft from Motor Vehicle:
- 19/04/22. Late morning-early afternoon. Hayes Way. Workman’s bank cards stolen from van parked outside customer’s house.
- 21/04/22. Mid afternoon- early evening. Overhill Way. Rear number plate stolen from trailer.
- 09/04/22-23/04/22. Durham Road. Catalytic convertor stolen.