11 Nov Major roadworks in Kingswood Road/Hayes Lane
SGN and Thames Water are working together to undertake works designed to improve the local infrastructure, whilst also reducing future disruption. They have identified safety-critical gas and water main upgrade works that need to be carried out in Kingswood Road and are working with the London Borough of Bromley and the Greater London Authority to ensure these upgrades are delivered as efficiently as possible. So these upgrade works are being carried out simultaneously, which also means one less set of works for residents and road users in the future.
Details of the works
- SGN will be replacing old metal gas mains with new plastic pipes to ensure a continued safe and reliable gas supply for many years to come.
- Thames Water will be replacing old water pipes with new stronger ones. This is to ensure that Thames Water continues to provide a reliable service now and in the future.
By working collaboratively, they aim to reduce the overall amount of time required to do the works and estimate that this will save 20 days of additional work being carried out and disruption to residents and road users.
Phasing and timings of the works
- Thames Water started their essential works on Monday 8 November.
- SGN will begin their investigative works on Monday 22 November.
- Collaborative work will then start on Monday 29 November and last approximately three weeks.
- Upon completion of the joint works with SGN, Thames Water will continue to carry out further upgrades in the area following this project, until the end of March 2022. More details on this work will be sent nearer the time.
Location of the works
They will be working collaboratively in Kingswood Road at its junction with Hayes Lane.
Things to note
- Kingswood Road will be closed to motorists across this junction, to ensure everyone’s safety while this work is carried out.
- The footpath along Kingswood Road may also have work carried out, however pedestrian access to homes and businesses will be maintained throughout the project.
- A signed diversion route is in place for motorists and bus services. Please visit TfL’s website for more information on affected routes.