10 Mar From DWO PCSO Adam Charles 09/03/2020
Please see below the crime record for the period from 12th February to 29th February 2020.
Unfortunately there was a bit of a burglary hit for one day and four theft from motor vehicle offences spread over the fortnight. Otherwise crime still remains very low and, on a happier note, we’ve had no burglary or vehicle crime reported yet this month.
Although there was only the one offence, please take note of the theft of phone from a coffee shop table. Never put your phone down on a table in a coffee shop and take your hand off it as the thieves are very quick. Sometimes they will approach your table with a large item such as a newspaper to cover the table and snatch your phone from underneath it.
The remaining March surgeries are as follows:-
- Wednesday 11/03/20 Costa Coffee, Westmoreland Road 11am to Midday
- Saturday 21/03/20 Costa Coffee, Westmoreland Road 10am to 11am
- Friday 27/03/20 Shortlands Library, Shortlands Road, 4pm to 5pm
Thanks as always for your help & support.
Adam CHARLES | PCSO 7572PY | Albemarle House SNT Base |Shortlands Dedicated Ward Officer
Shortlands Crime Record 12/02/20-29/02/20
- 01/01/20. Early afternoon. Phone stolen from coffee shop table.
- 25/02/20 Early morning- 26/02/20 late afternoon. Queen Anne Avenue. Fence panels stolen.
- 12/02/20. Late morning- early afternoon. Westmoreland Road. Window smashed. Bag of items for charity shop stolen.
- 16/02/20 Late morning- 17/02/20 early morning. Tootswood Road. Bag containing laptop and schoolbooks stolen from vehicle on driveway. Found by dog walker in South Hill Wood Park and returned to owner.
- 21/02/20. Early morning. Elwill Way. Rucksack containing sports equipment stolen from vehicle on driveway.
- 24/02/20 Early afternoon- 25/02/20 Early morning. Brabourne Rise. Trailer stolen from outside house.
- 17/02/20. Early morning. Wickham Way. Suspect(s) attempted to force back door and garage door.
23/02/20 Mid afternoon. Westmoreland Road. Parcel stolen from porch