07 Feb From DWO PCSO Adam Charles 31/01/2020
Please find below the crime record for the period from 16th to 31st Jan 2020.
Disappointing to see three burglaries but pleasing to see the drop in motor vehicle crime continues and there’s nothing else to report over the last fortnight. Crime is down considerably on this time last year which is very good news.
Russ, Prash & Sam (the Kelsey PCSO) recently visited St Mark’s School to talk about internet safety as well as showing the car and equipment to the children. A total of 56 children looked over the car and all turned on the sirens. I hope the neighbours weren’t too concerned!
All jokes aside it’s very pleasing both when out on patrol and at events that children are showing such a keen interest in the police. Hopefully this will continue into adult life perhaps leading some of them to consider a career with the police.
If anyone fancies popping down for a chat surgeries, for February are as follows-:
- Wednesday 05/02/20. Costa Coffee, Westmoreland Road 11am to Midday
- Monday 10/02/20. Costa Coffee, Westmoreland Road 3pm to 4pm
- Friday 21/02/20. Shortlands Library, Shortlands Road. 4pm to 5pm
- Thursday 27/02/20. Costa Coffee, Westmoreland Road
Adam CHARLES | PCSO 7572PY | Albemarle House SNT Base
Shortlands Dedicated Ward Officer
SHORTLANDS CRIME RECORD 16/01/20-31/01/20
- 18/01/20 Late afternoon- 20/01/20 Late afternoon. Pickhurst Park. Suspect(s) broke in through rear door.
- 22/01/20. Early morning- late afternoon. Bushey Way. Suspect(s) entered back garden and smashed glass in back window enabling them to reach key in back door and gain entry. Jewellery, house and vehicle keys stolen.
- 30/01/20. 25/01/20 Mid morning- 30/01/20 Early morning. Kingswood Avenue. Suspect(s) entered conservatory through unlocked door and smashed a window to enter main house.
Theft from Motor Vehicle:
- 29/01/20. Woodlea Drive. Overnight. Coins kept in vehicle for parking money stolen.
- 30/01/20. Hayes Way. Mid morning. Number plates stolen from vehicle parked on road.