04 Oct Local Crime Update 30/09/2021
Please find below the crime record for the period from 16 Sept to 30 Sept 21.
Although the overall crime rate over the last fortnight has been very low it’s worrying to see that we’ve had a distraction burglary. Please see the report below for details and prevention advice. This is worth passing on particularly to those who are vulnerable both physically and/or mentally. If you have any concerns please feel free to contact us as shown below. At the same time, it’s pleasing to see the overall burglary rate remaining low despite people being out and about more following the lifting of lockdown.
We’ve started the new term at the Junior Volunteer Police Cadets in Penge. The children seem to be enjoying it very much and asking us a lot about the work we do. Hopefully we’ve got some future officers there. Thanks as always for your help and support.
Adam CHARLES | PCSO 7572PY | Albemarle House SNT Base
Shortlands Dedicated Ward Officer
SHORTLANDS CRIME RECORD 16/09/2021 – 30/09/2021
Theft of Motor Vehicle:
- 22/09/21. Overnight. Wickham Way. Vehicle stolen from driveway.
- 27/09/21- 28/09/21. Overnight. Overhill Way. Vehicle stolen from driveway.
- 27/09/21- 28/09/21. Overnight. Woodmere Way. Vehicle stolen from driveway.
- 22/09/21. Late morning- mid evening. Hayes Way. Suspect turned up on victim’s doorstep and said he was an engineer from the company that supplied the victim’s burglar alarm. The victim allowed him to go upstairs unaccompanied to check the alarm. Several hours after he had left, the victim found her handbag had been taken. Victim said that usually she would have asked for ID but was distracted as she was on the phone when the suspect turned up on her doorstep. Never let someone in without ID and checking why they have turned up. If necessary, ring the company they say they are from. If you are unable to contact the company and suspect the person is not genuine, call 999.
- 24/09/21. Overnight. Pickhurst Park. Suspects walked on to driveway and tried car door handle.
Theft from Motor Vehicle:
- 28/09/21. Mid evening. Valley Road. Catalytic convertor stolen.